• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clarification on a few CET questions

davecich

Good afternoon all!

I have been away from the site for a few months (unfortunately), but had a bunch of e-mails asking me to come look at some confusion which exists. I will try and help.

Ink Sets:

We have offered two ink sets up until now. The first was the 49 series ink set, which has an excellent gamut, but adhesion suffered on coro and styrene.

We then added an ink Set that Sun Chemical builds for us which is very similar to what they build for HP, Durst, Dilli and others. This ink set with out bulbs gives outstanding adhesion to almost everything, except glass. Unfortunately, the gamut is smaller.

We have recently introduced our 60 series ink set, which give us the gamut of the 49 series, with the adhesion of the 50 series (I am calling it the holy grail UV ink set). For right now, I am only supporting it on the Ricoh heads. I will expand it to the Spectra models as soon as I finish testing. This is a new ink made domesically which really has me excited.

White ink: See above. The 49 seies white is a blue white, while the 50 series white is a yellow/white. The 60 series is a blue white also. The 50 series is thicker, and needs more daily maintenance (which is printing a 4"x4" block, but sticks to all.

Auto Purge and misting: All be careful here. I would call your dealer or us directly. The misting setting will vary by model AND ink set. What works for one will not neccassarily work for another, and humidity (dryness) plays a part. I would much rather someone call us so we can go through your environment and get it right for you. The call is free.

LED: we will use LED/Microwave on our K series printer so that we can cure at high quality (3.5 PL) at 20 boards an hour. If you take my old FK model and try and adapt LED, it will work with the 49 series ink, but since the LEDS are air colled and not water cooled, the effieicincy of the lamps will diminish as they heat up and you will have issues after 3-4 hours curing. This is why we are not shipping until Aug 1st.

Blank Space on FK 512's. We improved this signifigantly with the new software in the lst 2-3 years. The older software was rip dependant, while the replacement software for the 500/1000 models is not.

Printhead board fluctuations have been an issue with you Mr Nick. I will have a tech in GRR in the next 30 days or so doing an install. I will have him stop by and look at the printer for free.

Any other questions, my email is dcich@cetcolor.com. We would be more than pleased to help our customers!

artbot

awesome update david! you have a lot of CET fans here including me. we can never be too updated/informed.

MrNick86

This is great news David! Please let me know when your tech will be in town when it gets closer to that time so that I can schedule accordingly.

Thank you. :thumb: