• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Classic black and gold leaf

SignManiac

I just finished this on up for an attorney. Lettering is all v-carved, the scales are raised. I did this in two layers for a beefier look. The overall size is 44" x 44" and is going to be mounted to the buildings wall.

Attachments

• Coburn-02.jpg
    Coburn-02.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Coburn-01.JPG
    Coburn-01.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 89

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Holy Chit, man................

Did you carve all those little chain links by hand ??

Anyway, that is truly classic !!

SignManiac

Thanks guys and Gino, good eye! The chain links are 1/16" thick in the round parts. The only way I was able to cut them out was with a laser because they were so small. I used 1/8" black acrylic for the scale and the backer plate. After I gilded them, I cemented the two parts together with super glue. The detail and size make that the focal point of the whole sign...

SignManiac

LOL Jill...I've never submitted anything to a magazine, and not about to start now :)

Besides, I'm not 100% satisfied with this sign. I had quite a few go arounds with the client and do not like the final layout with a phone number on the sign right next to her office door. It effed up my initial design and she would not budge on it. This has been the season of the polished turds!

OldPaint

makes us "old sign painters" proud that there are still craftsmen who can produce truly beautiful signage!!!!!!!!!!!
this is a pearl compared to the sand........most do nowadays,

Billct2

Love black & gold and the dimesional layers, real nice.
I also don't love the phone & address portion it really detracts from an otherwise excellent sign.

SignManiac

Just finished the install! Went in smooth. Took all of about fifteen minutes and the client was thrilled. Really hard to photograph with the glare. Every angle I tried had reflections in it.

Attachments

• coburn-03.jpg
    coburn-03.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 80
  • coburn-04.JPG
    coburn-04.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 86