• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clean Up After Storm AGAIN!!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

We had severe thunderstorms in the area last night with downbursts all over of up to 70 miles an hour. My back yard is like a small slice of a state park with huge hundred year old oak trees, among other types. Three trees are down, and one of the oaks had a very huge branch that stuck out horizontally and went out about 30 feet. I always marvelled that the tree could support that weight. Well, last night that beautiful branch crashed to the ground. At least none of the trees along the fence fell through the fence and into the neighbor's in ground pool like last time. Bad as I feel, I'll be working the chain saw all weekend and stacking a few years worth of firewood... AGAIN!

sar bossier

Wow, Arlo - Sorry to hear that. Although with this drought, it IS good news to hear RAIN, I am sorry about the toll to the oak trees. Wish we had more in East Texas - my well is going dry. And in Louisiana, some of the bayous are already dry, destroying eco-systems.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
at least it was oak, when i have that problem it's crappy silver maple trees.... not good for much, firewood starts rotting within months of cutting....