• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clean up scanned image

DAVE KEPHART

using my gx-24 ,i scan in my business card,but the image is a bit ragged.How can i clean up the lines to get a crisp image for cutting.

thanks in advance for your help

Last edited:

Sign_Boy

1. Scan it at a high res.
2. Bring it into Photoshop.
3. Copy the layer "never work on the Org. layer"
4. Turn the Org. Layer off
6. Desaturate the new layer.
7. Adjust the Brightness / Contrast until it look good.
8. Add a little Gaussian Blur to soften the edges
9. Bring it into Flexi or Illy and convert to vector.
10. Now start the clean up.

Or just send it over the Vector Dr.

DAVE KEPHART

have you ever seen a deer in your headlights.i'll give it a shot. had my cards long before i got the gx.sign stuff is new to me.I a body shop guy.

thanks for the info

Sign_Boy

Why not start fresh?

Come up with a new design post it here and I'm sure you'll learn a thing or two.

Have no fear

high impact

I was wondering...I have a bubble in my paint on the quarter panel of my car. Now that I picked it off with my nail how do I repaint it?

I just got a great deal on a paint gun and sander...

YE HAW! ;-)

jiarby

gotta redraw it in illustrator or corel (or any other vector program)

Welcome to the graphics world!

o3TEZ

What kind of sander? is it a DA (dual action)? da sander is the best for the job. also you have to blend in the paint if you want it to match and are you any good at applying filler cause it is not easy stuff. then you have primer and more sanding. you have to feather edge the primer so it don't leave a ring around the painted surface. maybe he will do you some body work if you show him how to use sign equipment.

Last edited:

Cadmn

Mark it's easy just use that computer thingy & push a couple buttons, even a caveman can do it!! LOL

ChiknNutz

What kind of sander? is it a DA (dual action)? da sander is the best for the job. also you have to blend in the paint if you want it to match and are you any good at applying filler cause it is not easy stuff. then you have primer and more sanding. you have to feather edge the primer so it don't leave a ring around the painted surface. maybe he will do you some body work if you show him how to use sign equipment.

Pretty sure that the original comment was totally tongue-in-cheek!

thestickershop

get corel and the biggest bottle of asprin you can find then search the web on how to's you will find eveything you will need and dont make plans for a few weeks

Michael

Use corel, and change your image to black & white, run an outline contour trace then convert your image to curves and start messing with the rocker arms on each node until it matches........then again I don't even know what programs you are using.....:design: