• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cleaning an HP Scitex FB500

feldman

does anyone have any tipes on cleaning the ink offthe belt on the HP Scitex FB500 flatbed printed. We were told to only use isopropyl alcohol which takes us over 8 hours to do.

Does anyone know of any other cleaning solutions for cleaning the overlay ink off the belt?

or any tips for preventing that overay in from the material.

Thanks,

atthew

sfd2122

We apply a 1 1/2" strip of dry erase laminate to the left edge of the belt and that lets the ink be cleaned off real easy with no scraping. We also do the same of the right edge if we are running a large quantity of the same sized sheets such as 4x8's We try to not to cover the vaccuum holes if possible.

steelnoggin

I rub the excess ink down with isopropyl alcohol and let it dry. Then i apply simple box tape and go over it a couple times with a static cling applicator and then i just peel up the tape and the ink comes right off.

G3

cleaning the HP FB500 belt

For the really stubborn, layered on ink spots, use GOOF OFF PRO STRENGTH REMOVER.

It dissolves the ink so you can wipe it off easily. You may have to do the extremely thick areas a few times (and try the box tape method also) but eventually you'll have a fairly clean belt.

I had to even use an exacto blade to gently scrape the ink off while the GOOF OFF was softening/ dissolving the problem spots.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
G3

dsgn4

with our fb700 i spray the belt with alcohol and use 18" shrink wrap to cover it and use the media advance button to basically spray and wrap the belt as i go..let it sit a couple hrs..unwrap and i use mirawipes and it just wipes right off..wrappin allows the alcohol not to evaporate and gives it time to completely soak through the ink