• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Cartridges question

Jim Hill

On a Roland SP-300 which slots do the two cleaning cartridges go into?

I want to do a head cleaning.

Jim

CS-SignSupply

Do you mean you want to do a Head Wash? If so, be prepared to waste a good bit of ink. In USER Mode, select Head Wash and it will prompt you where to put the cartridges.

Beware, once you start a Head Wash, you have to let the printer run its course. Make sure you have enough cleaning carts to complete the process as well as enough ink to refill the lines when prompted...

BTW... why do you need to go to this extreme?

Jim Hill

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the head wash.

The test print is showing some drop out but the printing still looks great.

Thanks Bobby for stopping me from maybe making a mistake.

Jim

Jim Hill

I have not replaced the cap tops since I have owned the SP-300 which is just over a year now.

I have been using a syringe to remove some of the cleaning fluid from the cartridges for cleaning purposes.

Jim

sfr table hockey

On a Roland SP-300 which slots do the two cleaning cartridges go into?

I want to do a head cleaning.

Jim

If you ever need to do a flush of the system (changing ink to another brand or getting rid of old ink or bad ink in the lines) you can use the cleaning carts. When you have two print heads you would be asked to load the two cleaning carts into one side of the one head ( ex. the black and cyan) would both have a cleaning cart installed. Then once the printer has flushed enough fluid through it will tell you to move the cleaning carts to the next two slots.

As was said above.... don't do this unless you have to, as it just removes ink and re-fills the ink.

You are better off doing a head soak a couple times and several regular cleanings. At worst you could inject some cleaning fluid into the heads by way of where the dampers connect. You have to take care as you can damage a head by injecting too quick. So unless you have heads that are no good anyway you may not want to do this.