• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CLEANING DIBOND MATERIALS? for our cat

BCV

We have resently got ourself a Gerber Cat UV. Happy with most things about the printer, But we are having problems with simply cleaning ACM style materials. I find we get half way in the print and you run into a mark, even from where I rub it down with IPA and Mick jackson gloves on for 10mins.

The best print I get. is to just to rip the plastic off as fast as possiable, without stopping and starting. and not clean it at all. and just print.
Even still i can see marks from the plastic cover sheet adhesive.

I would like to know who all guys get mark free prints on your Compisite sheets.

Thanks in advance to your feed back
:Australia

WB

all I do is wipe it down with 99% alcohol and it seems to do the trick.. If I let the board sitting for more then 10 mins without printing I'd wipe it down again,,

LarryB

We used empty roll media cores and rolled the protective liner off the material. This helped with the marks. Before long you will have Popeye arms.

econolinesigns

99% isopropyl alcohol is all we use to clean everything we print on our Ion. We use microfiber clothes to wipe the material down.

artbot

you might try some automotive pre-cleaners. painter's pride makes a 96 series pre-cleaner (many blends for different dyne levels and cleaning needs, 9601,9604,9655 there may be more). what you are fighting is random dyne levels caused by static, oxidation of your surface, residue, grease from you handling. the whole thing is a mess. the dyne can even be effected by the volume and pressure and the type of towel and how many times you turn the towel and the dwell time during cleaning with the towel. dibond thankfully has a poly surface designed to be printed on. i think if you got some specific materials designed for this purpose and maybe even bought a set of dyne pens you could more scientifically reduce your issues.

Last edited: