• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning during print

swannisl

Trying to print a 10' wide sign. Every 20" or so, the printer stops, does a cleaning, and starts printing again. An inch wide streak, top to bottom, is left in the locations where the printer stops to clean. We are having to toss so much material because of this...any suggestions on what the problem may be? Always happens when printing solid colors in the blue to green range.

airborneassault

No sure what machine you're on but I just flipped through my machine (SP540V) and had no luck finding the option I was thinking of but on another machine I ran (Soljet SC540) I know under the menu there was an option for "Periodic Cleaning".

If this is enabled it allows the machine to do just what you described but if it's disabled it won't clean during printing. The tech I spoke to about the "Periodic Cleaning" couldn't tell me the useful side of this function but he did mention it would just waste a ton of ink throughout the print and end up with streaks like you have.

-Nathan

kffernandez

apart from any software RIP specific option, your periodic cleaning option is probably on. nothing else in your machine will make your unit automatically stop and clean during printing.

i think that periodic cleaning is found under the service menu - which might explain why it isn't in the users manual. hope this helps.

alias1

From my experience

Hey guys, i have had the same problem on my RS-640, and this is what ive come to understand. I run bulk feed cartridges, with 50ltr chips, and when a colour depletes, then the machine starts a clean while print. If all my chips are valid (having capacity on them) then i can print for days with no clean while print in site. I have tested this theory and so far, the conclusion is still the same. Not sure if it helps... let me know ok..thanks