• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning maintenance on an LEF2-200 printer question...

Novadon

LEF2-200
I'm perplexed. Between what our Roland Tech said at installation and what I see in Manuals, there is an inconsistency.

With regard to doing BOTH a Manual Cleaning and Head Refreshing (as conducted by the User's Manual), which evolution occurs first?

For instance, how would you interpret the sequence from this portion of a Roland publication?

Refresh and Manual Cleaning.png

Last edited:

cornholio

They tell you to do a refresh, before you clean manually. This lowers the chance of contaminating the nozzle plate with ink gunk.
Before the the introduction of the refresher, there was a manual cleaning to be done at the end of a printing day. Nobody likes to do it and it was often omitted, causing half cured ink to harden on the nozzle plate.

My observation since the introduction of the refresher: less head replacements.

There is no harm, if you refresh too often...

Novadon

LEF2-200
"They tell you to do a refresh, before you clean manually. This lowers the chance of contaminating the nozzle plate with ink gunk.
Before the the introduction of the refresher, there was a manual cleaning to be done at the end of a printing day. Nobody likes to do it and it was often omitted, causing half cured ink to harden on the nozzle plate."

I agree in theory, but the User's Manual says Manual Clean first then Refresh, verses the Product Manual screenshot opposite sequence in my first post, thus my question / concerns.

My Tech msg response from Roland says go by their User's Manual.

Bottom line---apparently it makes little difference. :rolleyes:

Last edited: