• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cleaning Mode Starting

cyclerc

As soon I turn on the main switch the machine turn on in cleaning mode. Roland sp300v why? Something I can do to avoid this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signchief

These printers are designed to be left on all the time to protect the print head from clogging, the printer should be left on all the time. It goes into cleaning mode when you turn it on because it's trying to cycle out the ink that's been sitting in the print head while the machine has been turned off. Why do you turn the printer off?

AKwrapguy

As soon I turn on the main switch the machine turn on in cleaning mode. Roland sp300v why? Something I can do to avoid this.

This is a solvent ink printer. Solvent inks will dry in the heads and lines. Because of this the machine is designed to move ink through the lines and heads every XXX amount of time. Some solvent printers have a 'sleep' mode that you can use if your worried about power, however I'm not sure about this one as I have never used it. You should read the users guide to see what they suggest as a cleaning schedule.

How old is this printer? How long have you had it?

printhog

The prior posts are all correct. There is a count down timer on the service mode that tells the machine to do a head cleaning at certain intervals of non use. Run the cleaning cycle as it requests and the clock should reset.

If the clock isn't resetting, the printer will keep going into the cleaning cycle at power up. This is caused by the BIOS battery being dead. It's located on the main board. It's a watch battery, likely a CR 2032.

Replacing it will reset everything to machine default. You've most likely lost any settings in the media definitions, as the battery is there to keep that RAM powered up for that data.

You should only turn off the main power for service. The heads on that machine are kept warm by the ink circuit and the maintenance cycles are an important tool for your investment. Powering off the mains means several hours for the print heads to acclimate and often causes errors.

DO NOT REPLACE THE BATTERY WITH THE MAIN POWER CONNECTED. Electrocution hazard.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

cyclerc

Thanks to everyone! I turn off because have a problem with encoder sensor (service call 0110) I change everything (encoder strip,sensor,carriegeboard etc) the problem still there but find the new encoder its bad (light stay off) and reorder a new one, waiting for them. Now i find how to move up de captops by hand and put some cleaning solution for wet the heads, everyday take a minuto to pull a little ink. Appreciate all your help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey cyclerc,

The actions you're executing are normally handled by your authorized Roland dealer. For the best and fastest service, it's encouraged for you to contact the Roland dealer that sold you the parts. They should be able to help you and get the machine up and running.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn