• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning of Covers?

Fatboy

Good day guys. Can anyone tell me how I can remove in stains from the covers of my Sp540? The cleaning fluid is to strong and will melt the plastic.What can I use?

Custom_Grafx

Maybe try some IPA? Spot test first of course. I don't think you can use anything stronger without marking your plastic...

The Equipment Guy

I used to marbleize the old Gerber 4B's, actually had people pay extra for them, lol. We clean up machines all the time, our cabinet holds paint thinner, acetone, different variations on Vim, rapid remover, alcohol, alcohol/water mix and whatever else it takes. We also get custom matched and factory paints, plus we buy a lot of new covers, usually only when a keypad is affected though.

We usually do not do anything unless we make the decision to totally refurb though. Clean covers on a beat machine look almost as bad as groddy ones.

Craig

Gabriel

Try IPA or some liquid soap in semi-hot water for plastic surfaces. For metal surfaces you can use cleaning liquid without any problems.