• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning pinch wheels (L260)

frojasferrari

We´ve been printing on Arlon DPF 8000 vinyl with our L260.
Everything is going better than I thought it would go, but my pinch wheels keeps getting glue.. and I want to clean the pinch wheels.
The question is, is there a "official" way to clean them? or I just go and clean them with some alcohol and turning them manually?

Attachments

• DSC02838.jpg
    DSC02838.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 168
Alcohol and turn them manually. There is no maint process for cleaning them. They are on the bottom though so it shouldn't be that big of an issue unless you do double sided prints. I would think the top pinch rollers would be more of an issue but those are replaceable.

+1
Don't use anything too aggressive on the rubber drive rollers or they can be damaged. Isopropyl Alcohol is fine.

frojasferrari

Ok cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol.

But... turning them manually is extremely hard, you have to put a lot of power on it, or maybe is normal and I´m too afraid of screwing it up... Dont know.

Besides those rollers, where else shoud I look for glue?

I´ve read a lot of scary stories about dpf8000... so I´m kind of .... scared?:covereyes: Dont want to screw up the printer.

Ok cleaned with Isopropyl Alcohol.

But... turning them manually is extremely hard, you have to put a lot of power on it, or maybe is normal and I´m too afraid of screwing it up... Dont know.

Besides those rollers, where else shoud I look for glue?

I´ve read a lot of scary stories about dpf8000... so I´m kind of .... scared?:covereyes: Dont want to screw up the printer.

I would recommend completely powering down the printer before performing the cleaning of the drive roller (from the rocker switch on the back). The rollers are driven by a motor when the machine is on and this will not allow you to easily and safely turn the rollers, so power down before commencing with the cleaning procedure.

pjfmeister

when printing on ARLON DPF8000...we align the media so the top and bottom edge are not under the rollers. This is on a Mutoh so not sure if you can do this....
We print a lot of this stuff and its horrible how the glue comes out the sides gets on the rollers and then the roller peels up the vinyl and causes head strikes.
If you position the material edges with 1/2" of no roller on each end or even remove the end rollers before printing - then it works great with minimal cleanup.

oh yeah and don't use the media guides either...get anything away from the edges of the media

ProColorGraphics

This is one of the reasons I switched to Substance Media's ultra high tack vinyl. It doesn't leave a mess and is actually more aggressive than Arlon.