• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning solution

Contact23

hi all , my new secondhand vp540 is playing up , the yellow cartridge got a bit of a knock yesterday and now the yellow wont print! have taken out and refitted the cart and tried a clean cycle, I dont have the correct head cleaning solution , can I use white spirit or thinners to clean around the heads and caps?
any ideas? its good friday and the print suppliers are closed so cant get proper solvent solutions

Contact23

well, I got some isopropyl alcohol and cleaned around the heads took out the carts and checked they were seated correctly and ran a medium clean 3 times and it now seems to have come right , beginners luck?
is there a recipe i can use to make up a cleaning solution that i can soak the caps in? made from isopropyl alcohol and some other goodies?

Contact23

Ok thanks but can you recommend a substance that I can use?
Too late for the alcohol tips , hope I didn't damage the heads , I didn't go near the surface just about the edge a bit and around the caps, not on the furry bit

artbot

what the hell. alcohol! that caused condensation at the head thereby coagulating the pigment/solvent. butyl carbitol mixed with acetone (4 parts BC two parts acetone)

artbot

it would be even more expensive if roland would use pure butyl carbitol. instead these printer oems use fillers to get away with the minimum requirements. butyl carbitol and acetone is a miracle cure for your printer vs the oem stuff. plus you can paint the cap tops and wipers with it and they cap tops will not dry out for...ever?