Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Solution

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by ChicagoGraphics, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    This is for Mimaki JV3-SPs only

Just curious on how many bottles of cleaning solution you
    go through a month and swabs

Tags:
  2. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    We have a jv3-160s. I get the cleaning solution in litres. It takes a looong time to go through one of those. To make the litre more manageable, I pour it into one of the smaller bottles. That lasts maybe 4-6 weeks? As far as swabs go--1 a day.

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    What brand of cleaner you use. Only 1 swab a day? we go through he'll 10 swabs a day thats when we clean it twice though

4. WB

WB Active Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    I go through about 10 swabs a day for regular maintainence more for the weekend shutdown. probably go through 2 llittle bottles every 3 months.

5. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I use Triangle's bulk cleaning solution (and Triangle Inx). I use Tech Swabs from Feller's. I typically saturate the swab with cleaning fluid, clean a bit, soak the excess fluid with a paper towel and continue cleaning. You can use the same swab repeatedly if you wish.