• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Solution

1banner

Looking for a supplier of cleaning solution for heads on a Mimaki, solvent based printer, not looking for the cleaning kit, just the liquid. Still have alittle but need to order some...any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

robwaterman

cleaning solution options

I've been reading around the forums, looking for a good subsitute for the mimaki cleaning kit: SPC-0336 which has a 200 ml bottle if i'm not mistaken.

I found this: http://www.macroenter.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SOL-SJ900-CS-1L

1 liter bottle for $80.00 $.08 / ml

4 Liter bottle for $250 ish $0.0625 / ml

SPC-0336 Cleaning Kit (with gloves and cotton swabs)
from Mimaki: $60 $.27/ml

220 ml Mimaki cleaning cartridge: $60 bucks. $.27/ml

(break it open and cut the bag)

I used to order inks in 1L quantity from abetterink.com, or colorzoo.com or something. I Haven't seen them around anymore.

I'm about to break open some half used cleaning cartridges of mine untill I run into an emergency. I'd say the best bet is to buy it in bulk.

From what i've read it looks like xylene from Home depot might be a substitute. I don't have any experience with this other than running it as racefuel. (sounds like a pretty versitle liquid) Looks like it might work "too well" and could damage the heads if used on there too much.

let me know if my #s are wrong, but I think this is the current state of the pricing.