• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Substrates

Nate1n22

We have the Fuji Acuity flatbed and lately I have been trying to cut down on white ink usage, because we're pretty much forced to print a coat of white to hide flaws in the material. I have done a lot of searching on this site and noticed a lot of people were using 99% IPA alcohol. So I went out and found some and tried using it today on some .040 styrene but still had wipe marks in it.
I am scrubbing it with some polyester wipes that we have, and did wear some latex gloves.
Does anyone have any tips or wiping techniques that they can share?

RyanFelty

Styren does that to me sometimes but only when I didn't use enough alcohol. I spray a lot of alcohol on and use paper towels to clean. For some radon if I used a rag I always get streaks but paper towels work the best in my opinion. Try it once.. Us long strokes not circular motions. If you look at the refection off the styrene and you see streaks it will streak when printing. Also I have gotten styrene from some vendors that is dang near impossible to not get steaks it's junk. We get all of our styrene from Garbor because it prints great. Hope this might help.

Nate1n22

I'll give the paper towel idea a try. We have real cheap junky paper towel, so I'll try to find some softer stuff.
Thanks for the suggestions.