• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning the bed

LeicesterJoe

What do people do to get cured ink off of their print beds? I currently operate a JFX500-2131. I don't want to experiment with the bed being Teflon with chemicals, thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Rubbing alcohol and one of those plastic razors works pretty well. If the ink is fresh, usually the alcohol and paper towel work fine. Use the plastic razor for the harder stuff.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Rubbing alcohol after the ink has cured doesn't work for me. I've used scotchbright pads like these for our Mimaki JF 1631... http://www.mscdirect.com/product/de...gle-PLA+-+Test&CS_003=7867724&CS_010=42747170

My printer has a vacuum/blow feature, and I turn on the blow feature to keep any residue from getting into the vacuum pump as a precaution. After I get the ink off, I go back over it with rubbing alcohol to get the dust off.

paperstrategies

Mimaki sells washing liquid for uv inks. Depending on what kind of ink you have you can use their solution. The alternative is 70% isopropyl alcohol.

cmwpmm

My flat bed is a CET, so I'm not sure if its different, but I just use a razor blade. That or I've found the front edge of a box cutter to work well. Then I use iso to get the shavings cleaned up.

10sacer

Lowe's sells a graffiti remover in the paint section called Motsenbocker's Anti Graffiti.
It will release it from the bed then just wipe it up. Make sure to enable vacuum to blow out instead of suck in to blow any chemical out of air ports.

Andy D

My flat bed is a CET, so I'm not sure if its different, but I just use a razor blade. That or I've found the front edge of a box cutter to work well. Then I use iso to get the shavings cleaned up.

PLUS 1, I have a mesh Teflon bed too and I use a regular metal razor scraper, except I hold it at 90 degrees and and scrap so that I don't cut the Teflon.

Andy D

And on a side note, Mr clean magic eraser with a strong
degreaser , works great at removing ink drips from your
printer's painted surfaces without damaging the paint or dulling the finish.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mr clean.jpg
    mr clean.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 245