• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning UV ink off print table

Almengel65

I have a Mimaki JFX200 flatbed printer. The table itself has some ink buildup on it. Im trying to get it clean. Ive used alcohal, screen wash, and windex to try and cut the ink but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any ideas of anything that they have found that works good?

Thank you.

10sacer

UV ink removal from bed

If its a small area - I usually just take a utility blade at a low angle and scrape it off with vacuum in reverse so its blowing out and won't suck the ink down into the air ports.
You can also use graffiti remover from Lowe's.
Its called Motsenbocker's Lift Off 4 Remover for Spray Paint Graffiti (see attached image)
Spray it on and wait til ink bubbles up like stripping paint and then just wipe off.
Test on your bed first to make sure it doesn't react with any coating that may be on the bed first.

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 248

suess

Utility blade.. we have uv ink flush but its oily. also we like to use Goo Off Graffiti remover.. works great! and 99% alc.

Andy D

I use lacquer thinner to clean ink drips off of my printers, and right after I wipe it with lacquer thinner I go back over it with alcohol to prevent
the lacquer thinner harming the paint on the printer's body.. works great...

With my metal print bed, I do like Gino said, use a razor scraper and fine sandpaper.