• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Clear 1/4" Acrylic For Dry Erase Board?

Andy D

I have a customer that wants several clear dry erase boards with printing
on the second surface - with stand offs.
They don't want glass.
Does anyone know how well acrylic does as dry erase? Does it ghost after time
or if the dry erase ink is left on for too long?
What do you suggest as a cleaner?

Thanks,

OADesign

I have a customer that wants several clear dry erase boards with printing
on the second surface - with stand offs.
They don't want glass.
Does anyone know how well acrylic does as dry erase? Does it ghost after time
or if the dry erase ink is left on for too long?
What do you suggest as a cleaner?
Thanks,

Yes. It will ghost and stain. How fast depends on what type of marker and what type of cleaner is used on it. There is a clear DE lam called Wypet that I've has success with. Another option is a product Optix E-DA. Its is pricey but it works very well for this application.

FASTSIGNS

We completed a 500 bed hospital with 1/4" clear acylic second surface. The nursing staff loves it (no ghosting, doesn't tear from wear). Staff says easy to clean -but not sure exactly what the hospital uses. Acrylic surface works extremely well as a dry erase. Used both stand offs and screw covers depending on wall condition. The only downside is if text changes or corrections, the whole acyrlic needs to be redone.

flyplainsdrifta

Plaskolite AR Acrylic. Decent price tag but man. We've used them in our offices here for a year+ and still havent seen ANY ghosting. The AR coating basically makes these things super scratch resistant and durable with the added bonus of being useful as a dry erase board. Worth checking out.

RICHARD SIMMONS

Unlike the rest of the colleagues, I had a very bad experience with acrylic boards. In the end I had to apply a white laminate, those used for kitchen furniture