• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear 651

Jim Hill

I have a question since I have never used Oracal 651 clear.

If I wanted to apply a clear vinyl right over the face of a sticker for mounting the sticker to the inside of glass would I then be able to peel off the top layer to apply it?

What I am wondering is does Oracal 651 or any other clear vinyl have the adhesive on both sides of it?

What vinyl would you use for this purpose.

Thanks for your help in advance Jim

Jim Hill

Thanks for the tip

Thanks for your advice but since I already have over one thousand of these stock stickers we are looking for a way to use what we have in stock.

I fully understand that we could reverse print the image on clear and then simply apply a white vinyl to it.

My question is why can't I apply a clear vinyl over the face of the sticker that has adhesive on both sides? Then simply remove the top layer and stick it to the glass?

I know it might be a little tricky getting no air bubbles when applying the clear but since I only need a few of these I thought it just might work.

Jim

Jim Hill

Pat White

I also want to try a simple and was wondering where you purchased yours.

I tried calling my local supply house but they were already closed for the day.

Next question is can I cut this product with my Roland SP-300 in a few different size circles.

How much did the sample cost?

Thanks again Pat Jim Hill

dbot

Oracle do have a double sided adhesive tape I have use. It before. Works great as a double sided tape Not sure if it will have good enough clarity but worth a try.

boxerbay

seems like a great idea until someone peels the paper backer off the decal and you get dirt all over it while it is on the glass.

Jim Hill

Drytac Questions

I received my Free sample of Facemount from DRYTAC today.

They send me two sheets of clear an each sheet is 8" x 10"

If I am looking at these sheets right I should be able to peel off one side and apply it to a stickers and once the customer get's it they simply peel off the other side and apply it to the inside of the glass.

The material is very very thin and perpectly clear.

There were no instructions included and I have never used this product before so I am assuming that's how you use it.

If this works I will purchase it in rolls and just cut the shaped I need with my optical cutter on my Roland.

Any advice on using this product would be great.

Thanks Jim

GWSigns

If I am looking at these sheets right I should be able to peel off one side and apply it to a stickers and once the customer get's it they simply peel off the other side and apply it to the inside of the glass.

We recently sent similar items out to our stores to display in their front windows, at the request and assurance of the Director of Retail they would be applied correctly.

I went to a store this weekend and wanted to go in, rip the sign off the window and berate the nincompoop who put it up.

There were more bubbles in it than there were connections with the glass - how it is hanging in place is a mystery to me and the message on the sign is a mystery to anyone trying to read it!

They will not provide us the staff to have someone go to the 32 stores in our 500 mile radius to do installations or even to teach store personnel the "how to's"

*pushing my ranting stool back into the corner*
:smile: