• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Clear and White ink in same file

we have a new UCJV300-130 with CMYK ,clear,clear, white white ink setup. what im trying to figure out is how to print a white base, then a color image and then a gloss clear on top. is 2 diferant specialty inks possible on the same print file? when i set it up in rasterlink6 it tries to only print "simultaneously" I cant seem to figure out how to separate them.
Any input?

Nick

Merchant Member
we have a new UCJV300-130 with CMYK ,clear,clear, white white ink setup. what im trying to figure out is how to print a white base, then a color image and then a gloss clear on top. is 2 diferant specialty inks possible on the same print file? when i set it up in rasterlink6 it tries to only print "simultaneously" I cant seem to figure out how to separate them.
Any input?

Hey Charles! Do you know your models firmware? Also what version is your Rasterlink6 Plus?

Mimaki just released new firmware along with a Rasterlink update that is required to print white and clear together.

Hey Charles! Do you know your models firmware? Also what version is your Rasterlink6 Plus?

Mimaki just released new firmware along with a Rasterlink update that is required to print white and clear together.
Looks like firmware 2.4
and version 6.3

Have you printed white>color>clear layers independently Not "simultaneity" with this update? that the only layer options I'm getting in rasterlink when i set u the file

Nick

Merchant Member
Looks like firmware 2.4
and version 6.3

Have you printed white>color>clear layers independently Not "simultaneity" with this update? that the only layer options I'm getting in rasterlink when i set u the file

Your going to need firmware 2.6 along with Rasterlink6Plus v2.3.1. Below is a bit of info regarding this...

Newly function
  1. Simple POP is now supported.
  2. In UCJV300, the special color over print can be now performed in the following order.
    Printer 1st layer 2nd layer 3rd layer
    UCJV300 White Color Clear(Matte tone)
    ・Use firmware Ver. 2.5 and later.
    ・When performing three-layer printing including clear (gross tone), refer to "UCJV300 Clear Ink Print Guide (Ver. 1.1)".
I personally have not updated ours yet, but I have been using a "workaround" when needed. I hope to update within the next week. If you need more info about the "workaround" or updating, let me know.

Your going to need firmware 2.6 along with Rasterlink6Plus v2.3.1. Below is a bit of info regarding this...

Id defiantly be interested in hearing more about your "workaround"
Im currently working on the updates. just got rasterlink up to 2.3.1
working on the UCJV here soon

Newly function
  1. Simple POP is now supported.
  2. In UCJV300, the special color over print can be now performed in the following order.
    Printer 1st layer 2nd layer 3rd layer
    UCJV300 White Color Clear(Matte tone)
    ・Use firmware Ver. 2.5 and later.
    ・When performing three-layer printing including clear (gross tone), refer to "UCJV300 Clear Ink Print Guide (Ver. 1.1)".
I personally have not updated ours yet, but I have been using a "workaround" when needed. I hope to update within the next week. If you need more info about the "workaround" or updating, let me know.