• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Application Tape NOT Orange Peel

Hey Gang,

I came across a sample "clear application that" that was something I have not ordered before. Unfortunately, the vendor is not connecting the dots and I don't know how to acquire it.

It was a clear mask, seemed to be mid-high tac, but instead of an orange peel texture, it was more of a grided texture. Help up very well, and applied very well. Just curious, if anyone knows where to obtain this clear application tape that is not orange peel textured.

2B

assuming you have already checked inside the core to see if there are any markings

That is what I am currently using, it is an orange peel texture.

From the website...

Other Features: The deeply embosses surface of AT75.1 impresses a grid pattern of air-egress tunnels in the adhesive. This air-egress feature makes lamination of the tape to vinyl films bubble-free. That's a big deal because if you entrap air bubbles between the application tape and the film, you are almost guaranteed to get bubbles in your applied graphics. The deeply embossed surface also allows the user to tear AT75.1 by hand, in a straight line, for easy dispensing in the shop.

I think ChrisN was on the right track. The old roll we have here says AT75 on it, so I would have thought this was what you are looking for. However, they must have since changed the name to AT75.1, because it's referred to as that on the RTape website.

ChrisN

That is what I am currently using, it is an orange peel texture.

Did you check out the product overview? http://www.rtape.com/M1198_ClearChoice_ProductOverview_10.24.17.pdf
upload_2018-8-13_16-40-50.png

Sandman

RTape also makes a clear for digital prints that is an ultra low tack to prevent pulling the lamination from the print.
I really don't care much for the ribbed AT-75. I like their Clear Choice AT-65 much better. It's close to Transfer Rites ultra Clear.