• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear bra

kstompaint

I have a roll of the 3M clear bra material that I bought to do some Peterbilt fenders for a friend of mine. My mother-in-law just bought a 2010 Ford Focus SES and I told her I'd put some on for her. Yesterday I put some on my buddy's SRT-8 Jeep and it was kinda a PITA.

Does anybody have the file to cut the pieces for the Focus so that I don't have to do it by hand? I have no interest in buying the software for this because I really don't even want to ever do another one.

Mosh

The film is worth more than the Focus, so I don't think anyone has taken the time to make a pattern!!!

kstompaint

For a baller like you, maybe that's the case. It's an SES so it has the sync, leather, moon roof, etc. Not my thing but it's ok for a Focus and she loves it. Do they make 'em for your John Deere?

Jillbeans

I know the gal from Missing Persons used to wear one but am not sure of her source.
Love....Jill
:corndog:

Attachments

• Dale Bozzio.jpg
    Dale Bozzio.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 128

AUTO-FX

The 3M film will yellow a bit after awhile, but it is above average on an overall quality scale.Some kind of color shift occurs with all films after exposure to sunlight. Films with any kind of added uv protection are best - 3M does not have any. The addition of a uv top coating however, makes the film slightly stiffer therefore harder to install. The film I prefer has this uv protection, but it is infused into the film. It has the benefit of uv protection to protect against yellowing, but remains more pliable.
I could cut the pattern for you if you'd like to send it to me. My file access does not allow me to download and save any pattern, only access to drive the plotter cut.

Kemble

I put VentureShield on my car. It's been on for 4 years now and it still looks like the day it was installed.

I have a membership with invisiblepatterns.com The patterns are in .ipf format and can only be opened in their program (I've tried) thus can't be shared unless you have their program (which requires a dongle).

focus.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is how most PPF pattern programs are as well. It's their way of protecting their industry.

I'd look into some other pattern companies though, you may be able to purchase a single pattern but I'm not 100% sure they still do that anymore.