• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Bra's....has anyone installed them here?

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi, Im trying to decide if its better to get a pre-cut kit, or to buy a roll and cover the entire front and trim...

Does anyone have experience here, or can anyone offer suggestions for me?

Thanks, James
onlyjames@hotmail.com

Sabre

I much prefer the Xpel pre-cuts (we do them here on the Graphtec), but do bust out a custom on occasion. The pre-cuts always fit a little nicer on the trouble areas. Your finished product will be about 95% install, and 5% which kit you used, though.

What vehicle are you doing and which areas are you covering?

onlyjames

I much prefer the Xpel pre-cuts (we do them here on the Graphtec), but do bust out a custom on occasion. The pre-cuts always fit a little nicer on the trouble areas. Your finished product will be about 95% install, and 5% which kit you used, though.

What vehicle are you doing and which areas are you covering?

Its going to be a 2002 Porsche Carrera (911), and I plan on doing the bumper, partial hood, and mirrors.

Sabre

That's an extremely tough vehicle to do as a first attempt, I think I'd recommend finding someone to sub it out to to save you a metric assload of headaches trying to do all the contours on that bumper.

You can punch in the vehicle at www.autoprotectors.com and check the basic shape of the kits. If the star rating difficulty is above 3, you might want to steer clear till you get some experience under your belt.

synergy_jim

We do tons of them..... I have never seen a kit I liked. We usually bulk film them and cut/score and tear on the vehicle.

Ken

I tried it with my wife once....but she was allergic to the adehsive...back to square one....
Ken

onlyjames

I will be using 3M, and I just locked in the job.....looks like I have some fun ahead of me!

ProWraps

you will do fine. i highly suggest watching vids on youtube.com. it will give you a good perspective of the do's and dont's. i looked into it, and decided against bringing it into our shop but i did a ton of research.

Mijeman

I've much preferred to do things myself, and in this case, I think I'd want to do the same. Seems to me that you'd get a better fit if you can make sure you do it yourself...given you have the skills and the knowhow of course :)

synergy_jim

We use venture shield..... I hate to say it, cuz I love 3M wrap vinyl, but their paint film is a PITA to apply and I hate it....

brunnnner

3m has the nicest topcoat, but hardest to install, kit or no kit. Hoods and fenders are usually easier, front bumpers, very very tough. If you think window tint is difficult, then clear bra is twice that. I recommend wade in slow. Lightly soapy water to fit, then diluted alcohol for final set. Good Luck.