• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear carbon fiber

d fleming

I have been doing a lot more vehicle work on hot rods and toys lately. Just had a gentleman in the office with a panel that had been painted and then a clear carbon fiber looking film applied over the paint effectively making the carbon fiber background the paint. First time I've seen it. Anyone know anything about this product?

MMLLC

I Believe 3M Makes a Carbon Fiber Textured Laminate. The cowboys rep told me about it if I recall correctly.

letterman7

I've got CF overlam here, but it isn't rated outdoors, and also NLA from that particular manufacturer (Eclypse). They're out there, you just have to watch if they are rated exterior or not.

DiamondGraphix

I got a sample a few weeks ago from 3m, loved it and just recently got 25 yards of it for an install next week! Ive wrapped a hood with it directly on paint. stuff is awesome. Ill post pics of the install when finished , its on a 2015 viper . But here is fellars pic of the lam

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-22-19-52-52-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-22-19-52-52-1.png
    402.5 KB · Views: 136

31legen

Good stuff

I got a sample a few weeks ago from 3m, loved it and just recently got 25 yards of it for an install next week! Ive wrapped a hood with it directly on paint. stuff is awesome. Ill post pics of the install when finished , its on a 2015 viper . But here is fellars pic of the lam

ive tried a sample as well and thought it was fairly easy to use.

Desert_Signs

I heard it was pretty pricy. Like$4k for a 50yd roll. True?

Blackfire

Carbon Fiber and Brushed

3M makes the stuff not cheap printed on some chrome with our HP 310 and put the brushed over it and it looks very sweet like I printed on brushed stainless steel

Attachments

• 20160224_142412.jpg
    20160224_142412.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 119