• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear coat on brass

arvindrlaxman

Hello people,

We have a huge order for printing on Brass with clear. When we use clear there are few dots seen in the print..When contacting fuji they told us that it is unavoidable..Is there any other way we can clear coat the brass..Running out of options..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps you could explain the project or what you are trying to accomplish. As is, this makes no sense....... anyway, not to me.

rjssigns

Need more details. If it is engraved brass you're trying to protect send it out for clear powder coat.

arvindrlaxman

Guys,

We are printing on brass 500 numbers totally.. When we print clear after printing the subject...There are a lot of dots appearing on the clear coat. Our customer is rejecting it because of the dots. We tried polyurethane 2 pack coat..That also doesn't seem to work.. I am running out of options for clear coat aafter printing the first main subject on Brass...running out of options literally..

visual800

Man I have read thru this and still have no idea wth you are talking about. You are printing ON BRASS? can you do a pic?

letterman7

Sounds to me that you have overspray where you're printing, but light enough you don't see it until the top coat hits and lights the inks back up. You're topcoat, no matter what you use, is going to spread the ink a certain amount. Either that, or your clear is contaminated. Other than making sure your plate is spotless as well as the printheads and lines, not much you can do other than investigate another avenue like a chemical etch.

Craig Sjoquist

Thinks i would print a sample on brass big enough to try different clears, then spray or roll the clears & see which one sells.

davecich

Sir,
The issue you are having is due to 1000s of dots growing together trapping air bubbles. There is no fix. Sorry.