Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clear decal stock

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Bill Modzel, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

I'm just getting familiar with my new L26500 and have a couple of clear vinyl decal orders to run. I tried the Oracal 3651G transparent, which was my go to substrate on my HP9000s.
    My compatibility chart recommends 3651 but I suspect that the transparent version is quite a bit different. I'm getting tons of fairly large bubbles and tunnels.
    Does anyone have a clear product that is working for them?

Tags:
  2. signdesigner1

signdesigner1 Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Palm Harbor
    I've used my suppliers generic clear vinyl for stuff that does not have to be perfect, and oracal 290? opticlear laminate for stuff that has to be perfect. I suppose you could use the 85xx series from 3m since it has a heavy poly liner and opticlear adhesive. only deterrent is cost.

You'll have to tinker with the heat settings depending on how thick the material and liner is and how much ink coverage you have.