• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear decal stock

Bill Modzel

I'm just getting familiar with my new L26500 and have a couple of clear vinyl decal orders to run. I tried the Oracal 3651G transparent, which was my go to substrate on my HP9000s.
My compatibility chart recommends 3651 but I suspect that the transparent version is quite a bit different. I'm getting tons of fairly large bubbles and tunnels.
Does anyone have a clear product that is working for them?

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I've used my suppliers generic clear vinyl for stuff that does not have to be perfect, and oracal 290? opticlear laminate for stuff that has to be perfect. I suppose you could use the 85xx series from 3m since it has a heavy poly liner and opticlear adhesive. only deterrent is cost.

You'll have to tinker with the heat settings depending on how thick the material and liner is and how much ink coverage you have.