• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Digitally Printable Vinyl.....with Texture?

idsignsil

Had a customer bring this in and want us to duplicate it for some more signs. From what I can tell it is a thicker clear adhesive backed vinyl with texture, that looks like it was printed on a large format machine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the material is?

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 80

GoodPeopleFlags

Maybe a textured, clear lexan (no adhesive)? Then reverse print clear vinyl and apply it to the back of the lexan? Or something like that. It could've been printed on a Gerber Edge.

idsignsil

It might be laminate that someone printed on. I can tell from pulling up the corner that it is defiantly one layer of material and it has been printed on the face of the material.

iprint

My guess would be printed on a clear vinyl with a textured overlam. The texture looks similar to LexJet Velvet Floor Lam.

MikePro

mactac makes a textured overlaminate, permaflex. intended for antislip on floorgraphics, but also used for any application for its anti-glare properties.

looks like its a textured lam>clear print>metallic silver vinyl sandwich.

idsignsil

It is actually on a brushed piece of aluminum. It was made to look like a wall plaque. I am going to look into the textured floor laminate, and just print onto clear, then apply the lam over it.

Mosh

I do faux wall plaques. Brushed aluminum, print on 210 clear and laminate with 210 matte finish. They look pretty good.

idsignsil

Mosh, nice to know you are still around. I would do it that way in a second, but they want to match the one that they gave me. They have more of these up on the walls, but the previous sign company that did these was around for a few years and has since shut down. Now it falls onto us, to try and figure out what they used.

idsignsil

Mystery Solved. Got some sample of MacTac laminate in today. The Permaflex 6500 floor laminate with texture is a match. So I guess they printed onto clear and then laminated with the 6500.