• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear film for mobile phone screen protection?

stitchup

Need some help guys!!

(I've also posted this to another forum)

I've been asked to produce 5,000 mobile phone screen protectors. You know, that 'cling' like clear film you stick over the phone's display to stop it getting scratched.

Must be ....

1. Easy to apply
2. Easy to remove leaving no sticky residue
3. Clear - no degradation of the display
4. Stay in place - even in the wet.
5. Offer good level of protection.

Anyone any tips of a suitable product? One I could hopefully use on the gerber.

Cheers

John

TheSnowman

Fellers sells that stuff that they put on new cars for shipping them, I'm not sure if that's the material you want or not. Me...I just used some Oracal laminate on mine. Inside and out, and it looks great and protects it, but that's a permanent setup, not sure what you wanted.

stitchup

Thanks for the replies,

Static cling seems to be favourite.

I said it was for mobile phones as that's what people are more familiar with. It's actually for police personal radios and unfortunately, some crooks do work in the rain :)

I'll get some static ordered today and se how it goes.

John

synergy_jim

you need the material used for paint protection film. Optically clear and removable. We use a brand called clear shield, but you might want to check the fellers catalog. There is a brand in there also, I think Avery may make it.

Its not a vinyl, its a urethane and will take ten times the wear that any vinyl will....

Marlene

have you thought of checking with Gill or Stouse as they may have a product that will work and with a run of 5,000, their prices make it viable to sub the work.

animenick65

Finding the right material for this will be difficult. Ideally you need a silicon adhesive for ease of application. There are various aspects of a clear screen protector that are required. iPhone screen protectors or protectors for touch screens in general aren't easy to come by.

Do you need it to be anti-glare or anti-fingerprints?
Do you want it to be bubble free with application (silicon film)
Do you want it to block UV rays?

stitchup

Thanks for all the replies, all very helpful.

I have some static cling on order, should be with me tomorrow so at least I can try some out.

The main reason for the film is to protect the screens from getting scratched/marked - by, believe it or not, the plastic radio cases! The clear window of the case becomes quite hard when cold and actually scratches the front of the display.

We just need something that's easy to fit, easy to dispose of and easy to replace.

Thanks

John

TheSnowman

You need the material used for paint protection film. Optically clear and removable. We use a brand called clear shield, but you might want to check the fellers catalog.

That's the stuff I was talkin' about!

stitchup

Okay, static film arrived and I've just created a .plt file.

How do I select the 'static film' as the vinyl? Up til now, I've been using spot foils. The film I have is ImagePerfect.

Cheers

John