• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Media...

Mattshel

Does anyone have any suggestions for a clear printable media? We previously used IJ10 Religiously and since it has been discontinued we have been trying to find a cost effective alternative. The closest clear cost effective media I can find from 3M is IJ61. Does anyone have any experience with the IJ61 or any of the alternatives from Orafol or Avery?

Thanks in advance.

Mattshel

Yeah, I say cost effective as it is only going to used to put our company name on equipment, which usually gets ran over within a year or 2 anyways.

Printasaurus

We have tried some different clear vinyls and keep coming back to just printing on laminate. We've done latex, solvent, and UV on the Oracal Oraguard series, as well as 3m 8519, but 3M is pricy. Oraguard 200 and 210 is what we send out to customers when they ask for clear decals. Laminating them is a bit tricky because of the thin, curled, and flimsy release liner, but we haven't seen any failures over the course of a few years.