• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Shield on UV prints

akuarela

Hi, I'm doing a test of Clear Shield Select (the new version of Clear Shield) on UV prints on aluminum. Question is about application - tried 2 different paint rollers: the foam one produced a lot of pinpoint bubbles and a nap one less but still some (did not shake it but stir it). Would like to know what type of roller / mode of application you may have used with good results.
Also, anyone used it with UV inks outdoors (of course, I realize that they are not all the same)?
Thank you!

Capitol Copy

We get the best results using a lambskin applicator (available at any home improvement store). We use Clear Shield Classic Matte on UV printed Alumalite and ACM.

akuarela

We get the best results using a lambskin applicator (available at any home improvement store). We use Clear Shield Classic Matte on UV printed Alumalite and ACM.
Thank you, will try that.
By the way, have you figured how long your prints may last outdoors?

akuarela

I will use either the semi-gloss or matte. I find that rolling the gloss leaves bubbles and stuff.
Good to know, what we are testing is Semi Gloss, and I like the overall look except for the bubbles, which hope to improve on.