• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear shield on window perf

timandmikki

Does anyone here use clear shield on window perf? I use it on banners but this is my first window perf install. It will be going on a business window. If you do use it, do you apply while the perf material is still on the backing paper?

AUTO-FX

I sometimes spray frog juice clear on the perf rather than film laminate, and yes, on the liner.

gabagoo

I am pretty sure if you use it , it will fill in the holes and the view from the back side would be blurry. Test some first

MikePro

my guess is that it won't fill the holes. i haven't tried it myself, but i have used my liner as a "field spray paint booth" and the paint repells and puddles on backing material. My guess is that the excess frog juice will gather around the edges of the holes and still dry as perforated material, rather than a crusty sheet of painted vinyl.

mgieske

Apply with a foam roller & be sure to apply thin coats. This works well for us when not using roll lam.

iSign

Apply with a foam roller & be sure to apply thin coats. This works well for us when not using roll lam.

so, I am assuming this experience you refer to is on perf, correct?

so, tell us... does it fill the holes with lam, or does it repel & thicken the coating around the perforations?

mgieske

zapblam

We always laminate as the holes get filled with dirt over time and then defeats the purpose of the perf on windows. On vehicles its a must to laminate perf.

MikePro

+1 to laminate... although is prefer to see if its worthwhile to laminate perf on clear, print, and laminate... so u can wet apply and b done.
OR give me a perf- screened printable clear instead of pricey perf.cut material

MikePro

give me a perf- screened printable clear instead of pricey perf.cut material
had a few more drinks... league volleyball into trivia night, and i feel strongly enough to +1 my own comment :peace!:
feel free to correct me if someone's already done this, but I could imagine its gotta be a way to get me more cost-effective material that actually makes installation easier in the process.
(by this i mean, coating clear with a perforated pattern of printable opaque white... if it hasn't already been invented, do it, i'll buy it, and you can buy me a drink)

Last edited: