• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Transfer Tape Problem

JCGraphix

So i purchased some of the greenstar clear transfer tape for when i'm doing simple layered decals. Right now i'm working on 2 tone decals for a high school trying to make money for cancer research. Its got a pink background with black lettering inside (ontop) of the pink. Well i always make one to test somewhat. When i went to take the decal off to apply the transfer tape is leaving the vinyl on the vinyl paper and not coming off on the transfer tape. Is there something i can do to make sure it comes off on the transfer tape? Thanks

Also, is there a better clear transfer tape out there i can buy?

-Joey

Mosh

We only use Transfer-rite tape. Did you squeegie the graphic good.
Try lying it face down and peel the paper from the film instead of trying to pull the vinyl from the paper.

JCGraphix

We only use Transfer-rite tape. Did you squeegie the graphic good.
Try lying it face down and peel the paper from the film instead of trying to pull the vinyl from the paper.

Yea, squeeg'd til my wrist was sore.

Whats the website to order some of the transfer rite tape? Is it clear? Cuz lining my marks up, i tried using cloudy regular tape but its to hard to line up.

Dentafrice

I have the same problem with clear transfer tape on layered vinyl, it leaves it. Never had a solution with clear..

A semi-clear I used to use (RTape Clear Conform) works great on layered.

Ken

I've been using R Tape Clear Choice (AT 60) for years and never had a problem.
You should be able to find that at Proveer.
Cheers1
Ken