• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear vinyl on drywall

bigben

So I've got a customer that want me to install clear cut vinyl on his painted drywall to make somekind of a spot uv effect on the wall.

First question: Does anybody have done it?
Second question: what material should I take for this? I was thinking of Avery HP 750 clear material for this.

Thanks.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Can't say I've done that before but it could create a cool effect.

I would also go with something like 750 clear as that's what we usually use on the Edge.

bigben

Can't say I've done that before but it could create a cool effect.

I would also go with something like 750 clear as that's what we usually use on the Edge.

Oh! so then you can answer one question. What's the color of the liner on this material? White or blue like if it was a white vinyl?

unclebun

Make sure the paint is not one of the anti-stick paints or you'll just be picking up pieces of clear vinyl from the floor.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Oh! so then you can answer one question. What's the color of the liner on this material? White or blue like if it was a white vinyl?

The liner is off-white. Might make weeding a bit of a challenge depending on how complex your graphic is, but it's definitely doable.

bigben

Try laminate...

I've tried a piece of laminate on my wall. Since the material is so thin, it is hard to not have imperfection in the material. I would be more confortable with ''regular'' vinyl. And since the liner is white, it will be easier to align my design. The overall size is around 8ftX8ft, so I will need to do this in multiple parts.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here is a printable clear we did on a wall. Worked really well but takes extra time as any air channel and imperfection is plainly visible.

Attachments

• IMG_9134.JPG
    IMG_9134.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 222

bigben

Here is a printable clear we did on a wall. Worked really well but takes extra time as any air channel and imperfection is plainly visible.

In my case, it's just cut vinyl. But I always wondering how it would look and install on drywall for printed film. Do you mind sharing what material you used and the technique? Did you premask it?