• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear vs Optically Clear

KeithMan

We need to print a sign and mount it on the back side of a piece of acrylic. We are going to use double sided adhesive to attach it. So people will be viewing this through the lexan and through the double sided adhesive. Do I need to use optically clear or will clear work ok? I know using laminate that isn't optically clear works just fine, so I wondered about this case. They are going to be using this in a planning room and this is a rough drawing of the facility. Basically just a bunch of lines, boxes and wording.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Optically clear is for application that you want to see through like a glass where there is no ink. And you pretty much ruin the effect if you use something else with it.

So it sounds like clear is fine for you?

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Yes, 'double sided adhesive' will be a pain and a waste of effort and material and extra cost.
Just print a reversed image on ordinary clear self adhesive vinyl or laminate.