• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clearcoat plastic trim and fiberglas

mikeinpdx

A customer wants a wrap that covers the plastic trim on their bus, which I won't warranty, as the trim is a little chalky with age, and I've explained it will not adhere well. They are willing to have a body shop prep it with sanding / clearcoating if it will help. Has anyone tried this instead of just primering it?

They also are having the shop patch some fiberglas damage prior to wrapping. I've told them that just make sure it's sanded smooth and clearcoated prior to wrap and we should be fine. That's worked well for me in the past, but just curious if anyone has had any failures related to that as well.

mikeinpdx

I still wouldn't warrantee it, but it should work fine. if the clear fails, the wrap will

Yes, absolutely! I'm going to put some wording in there to cover that. My thought was at least the trim won't look like crap if the vinyl is removed, since primer 94 can really make it look bad and it's really tough to remove.