• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clearcolor Inks

all_things_art

Anyone use these inks?what your thoughts....I was told they are developed by HP and are plug and print,no flushing.the closest supplier to me is Proveer and no long carries roland brand inks but do offer this brand at have the cost of OEM inks

I'm thinking about trying them and I'm just wondering if anyone had any problems with this brand as I am weary about 3rd party inks

http://www.clearcolor.biz/

Don't know anything about this brand. I do know that Bordeaux Ink is plug and play and is a very good price. They may be comparable. My only concern with 3rd party ink is how chemically hot they are... some of them eat the seals and lines and you end up with issues.

all_things_art

My only concern with 3rd party ink is how chemically hot they are... some of them eat the seals and lines and you end up with issues.

that's my concern with 3rd party inks I hear all these horror stories ..plus I have 2 things to think about

the only ink supplier close to me(2 miles away,which is very convenient) doesn't carry roland products anymore only 3rd party ,so I will have to order online if I want OEM. and now that 3rd party inks price they offer is very tempting at $80.00 canadian for 440ml

Last edited:

Robert M

Those inks

Ask for an MSDS sheet on those inks and compare it to your Roland MSDS sheet. My guess is that Proveer is putting this name on an ink that was already being manufactured, so you may be ok. What kind of warranty is Proveer offering with these inks?

Robert M

Clear color

Took a look at that web site, looks like it just came up last month. This is right around the time Roland gave Proveer the high hard one. Funny thing is that the site is owned by a company called Synnex who also happens to be a Roland dealer in China, Interesting

CS-SignSupply-TT

ROLAND OEM inks?

that's my concern with 3rd party inks I hear all these horror stories ..plus I have 2 things to think about

the only ink supplier close to me(2 miles away,which is very convenient) doesn't carry roland products anymore only 3rd party ,so I will have to order online if I want OEM. and now that 3rd party inks price they offer is very tempting at $80.00 canadian for 440ml

I just read a couple of posts on signs101.com indicating www.uscutter.com has the Roland OEM inks; priced around US$110 per 440ml.

Don't forget about ALL GRAPHICS SUPPLIES

Jack Knight1979

See if you can track down Solaris inks for your Roland.

I've used them for a couple years with ZERO problems. I also use them in bulk, which is saying a lot. Bulk tanks usually have a lot of problems, but the Solaris is great.

Stay away from Triangle MLD. It's too hot for Rolands. I haven't tried Triangle's Eco, which is formulated for Roland.

MachServTech

Took a look at that web site, looks like it just came up last month. This is right around the time Roland gave Proveer the high hard one. Funny thing is that the site is owned by a company called Synnex who also happens to be a Roland dealer in China, Interesting

I looked them up, it doesn't say anything about Roland or China...?

Robert M

here

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about CLEARCOLOR.BIZ
AboutUs: CLEARCOLOR.BIZ

Registrant:
SYNNEX Corporation
44201 Nobel Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
US
Now look at China dealers for Roland and you will see Synnex. Synnex is also a distributer for HP.
Clear Color inks are made by or for HP in South Africa.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Clearcolor...

Visit AboutUs.org for more information about CLEARCOLOR.BIZ
AboutUs: CLEARCOLOR.BIZ

Registrant:
SYNNEX Corporation
44201 Nobel Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
US
Now look at China dealers for Roland and you will see Synnex. Synnex is also a distributer for HP.
Clear Color inks are made by or for HP in South Africa.

Robert, I realized it was SYNNEX when I did the GOOGLE search and saw the SC mailing address. As you may know, when TEKGRAF shuttered and took their Eleven Ten products with them, SYNNEX took on many of the former TEKGRAF employees and products. However, Eleven Ten was acquired by GRIMCO.

Robert M

Synnex

Tim

Pretty funny that a Roland China dealer is suppling inks to Proveer who just had it out with Roland America.

h82loose

For the record. Synnex is a master distributor of many sign and consumer electronics and supplies. There are several ex -Tekgraf employees there. They are similar to Wynit , Azerty, and Ingram Micro

CS-SignSupply-TT

SYNNEX update

For the record. Synnex is a master distributor of many sign and consumer electronics and supplies. There are several ex -Tekgraf employees there. They are similar to Wynit , Azerty, and Ingram Micro

In no way was I trying to be disparaging in my comments about SYNNEX and TEKGRAF. It was sad that Tekgraf shuttered. In fact, I received a call from a Tekgraf employee the December day they received the news. Very sad!

Andrew O

Merchant Member
I don't know anything about this ink, but I do want to clarify a point that has come up. While Synnex China and Roland do have a relationship, Synnex in the US is a separate organization that has no relationship or connection whatsoever with Roland, or Synnex China.

Last edited:

DRamm76

Gee...so for months Proveer was the leader in ink pricing and wanted everyone to buy Roland ink..now since they are no longer a dealer, Roland ink is suddenly no bueno? Hmmmmmmmm Makes ya wonder..