• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clicking sound and com error

midnightmadman

So after a rebuild of the print system I went in this morning to hearing a clicking sound like a relay sound over and over and com error flashing
I turned it off and unplugged restarted and as it was starting up the clicking started again as it was initializing and shut down with the same error
The sound is coming from the left side of facing the front

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We'll need a machine model, what was involved in the rebuild, and an exact error number to help better. Could be a bunch of things.

midnightmadman

Just got a chance to try it again
It’ a valuejet 1204
The exact code is E079
I put new print head dampers and maintenance station on
I had it printing near perfect
The only thing I had an issue with was the pinch rollers
I noticed tonight they were stuck pretty bad to the material but I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it. It was in auto clean standby mode

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is an error that has to do with communication from the main board to the junction board. There is an Ethernet cable that connects the two boards. Make sure it's still plugged in. After that, it could just be a bad junction board or main board unfortunately. Before replacing boards though, make sure your firmware is up to date. Sometimes that will fix it.

midnightmadman

That is an error that has to do with communication from the main board to the junction board. There is an Ethernet cable that connects the two boards. Make sure it's still plugged in. After that, it could just be a bad junction board or main board unfortunately. Before replacing boards though, make sure your firmware is up to date. Sometimes that will fix it.
Thanks I’ll check it out
This stinks

midnightmadman

Hi guys
I have a strange issue. I noticed my platen heater is staying on even when in standby mode
Very hot
Anything I can do about that ?

Last edited:

henryp

Hi guys
I have a strange issue. I noticed my platen heater is staying on even when in standby mode
Very hot
Anything I can do about that ?

The relay for the platen heater on the Heater Control Board is most likely stuck and power is supplied to the heaters all the time.