• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cling as Vehicle Graphics?

Farmboy

Every now and then I have someone ask if we offer any removal-able graphics that they can put on their car. It's usually for a classic car that's going to be in a parade or some such thing. Mags are out of the question. So yesterday I printed out a few 10"x10" graphics on cling and stuck them on my own car. They seem to be holding pretty well. We had a down pour over night and they are still there, though I'm not sure how they would have fared if I was driving in that same rain. Anyone else experiment with this?

tanneji

never done that but i would personally try the Avery wall film. it has a removable adhesive on it that does really well with not removing paint, drywall, etc

petesign

I did some window cling for a car in a parade, and it worked just fine. Make sure the car is clean and it sticks fine until you hit about 30 miles an hour.

Bill Modzel

This it the third year that I'm doing parade graphics on static for the car doors. In the past, we've done magnetics but the budget cuts pushed us to a less expensive solution.
There's generally a couple dozen loaner cars from a local dealership that we do them for.

I don't install them and I have no idea how fast they drive the cars but I've had no complaints and they've even used a few the next year.

Sticky Signs

I did a cling test a few years back. I put a few pieces on my car. Hood, roof and fender. I drove through all kinds of weather at all kinds off speeds for a few weeks. Didn't loose a single piece however the edges/corners started to eventually curl. Easy to fix though, just peel the whole thing off and stick it back down. I recommend using water to help with the cling.