• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clip Art

slappy

I'm looking for asphalt sealing/ paving clipart??? any suggestions where to look??

I'm working on a logo for a company called New Wave which seals driveways and paints parking lot lines... but having a hard time finding appropriate clipart to coordinate with the name.....

Any cool links??

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have a couple of images at Express Clipart but they are of road building and paving equipment. I don't think you'll have a lot of luck finding a vectored file of what you describe. Best bet is to photograph what he has and either do your own line art from it or get someone like John Deaton involved.

Jillbeans

I think you should auto trace a picture of Johnny Rotten and use that.
It'd sure be different.
Love....Jill

Shovelhead

Less is more.....do something with the copy to make your logo.
It will stand out amongst the other hacks in town laying blacktop
with the cheesy clip art guy.

slappy

But I like the rake:munchie: .... his truck is a white dodge with red and silver graphics on it, and the tank is pretty nice too. I want play the logo off the truck graphics somewhat. I'll have to upload a picture.

slappy

i'll upload it when i get home.... i'm leaving work, gotta pick up Ayden and then i'll load the pics i took today on the computer.... bbs

Shovelhead

But I like the rake:munchie: .... his truck is a white dodge with red and silver graphics on it, and the tank is pretty nice too. I want play the logo off the truck graphics somewhat. I'll have to upload a picture.

yah, but it's the easy way out.

Jillbeans

Oops wrong colors.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 76

Rodi

Jillbeans! That is cool! That album sounds too tiny because its got way to many overdubs, I know Overdubs! I had the Chris Spedding produced versions and they were way better, but the art is way cool (Jamie Reid did the art and wrote a bunch of their lyrics.)

slappy

ahhhh......, took me a while to figure out how to upload.... that's the only tricky thing about this camera... unless it's the computer that is being goofy.

Here is the truck and rig... i guess he's waiting for a shiny set of aluminum wheels for the, i have no idea what it is... seal tank??

Anyways, i'm still working on a few ideas. I thought of the wave thing shovel... but i'm thinking a rake with a wave of sealer somehow... Something that will pop. I've seen about 3 other sealer companies at our shop (cause of the accessories) and seen their logos. They all are pretty nice, so i know what this guy is up against. Thanks all for the suggestion, there always greatly appreciated:smile:

Last edited:

TheSnowman

HOLY COW! That's a nice rig there. You should see the guys we have in this town. They all wanna do the work themselves, and they always want to remind you how much you did their last job for, and wanna send more work your way, so that you can give them a better deal. However, they all have mis-matched doors, and gates on them, and the stuff is like 50 years old.

slappy

so... back to this....

guy is still interested in getting this done..

i have came up with this but having trouble making it flow... any suggestions on it?? And i still have to add the phone number:frustrated:

Last edited:

CarolinaCabinet

so... back to this....

guy is still interested in getting this done..

i have came up with this but having trouble making it flow... any suggestions on it?? And i still have to add the phone number:frustrated:

I actually like it if he wants something busy and not simplistic... just add the # under the name and above the line sweeping the bottom.... it will be busy but it's already there so keep it all together.

Marlene

it's missing a focal point as there's the word "New", the guy, the swoosh and the inset of the word New into the word wave. Make the guy and the swoosh less detailed. get rid of the end swoosh and turn it into an underline so you have a break in the copy for the phone number. I like the word new and how it insets into the word Wave but with all the other stuff going on, it makes it too much. Maybe make the lettering simple too so the graphic is the focal point.

Jillbeans

I would make "New" in the same font as "Wave".
That script looks weak to me.
I don't care for the font used in "Asphalt Sealing" either.
I'd lose the squiggle, move the guy up a tad, and make a black panel attached to the squeegie thingie, then put "Asphalt Sealing" in white inside of it.
Love....Jill