• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Clogged head?

solantis

Certain colors are not being printed correctly and it seems to me thats it got to do with the yellow. The test print looks fine but when I printed a color chart i've noticed that all colors that have yellow in them are noisy as compared to those without yellow are solid.

Does this mean that one of my heads clogged? When printing pictures the quality seems fine. Its only when I print solid colors or a big area that has yellow in it like lime that you can see the dullness in the color.

If this is the yellow head what can be done to correct it?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Hey solantis,

In your posts above, you indicated that "the test print looks fine but when I printed a color chart i've noticed that all colors that have yellow in them are noisy...". You used the word "noisy" and we suspect you're describing "grainy" printing. If that's true, the problem is likely related to VersaWorks not having "Convert Spot Color" enabled and the printer heaters need to be adjustment (more or less heat), you'll have to experiment.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn