• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clogged Ink Heads for ValueJet1604

imagepro

I'm having a real hard time getting the ink to come through. I've ran the cleaning cycle and I put cleaning sovent in the head cap like the tech told us and then tried to run a print. I've always been able to get it to work before by repeating these steps. Is there anything else I can try?

Bradster941

I'm having a real hard time getting the ink to come through. I've ran the cleaning cycle and I put cleaning sovent in the head cap like the tech told us and then tried to run a print. I've always been able to get it to work before by repeating these steps. Is there anything else I can try?

Maybe post a picture of a print sample and a nozzel check. :rolleyes:

randya

You can try to 'diaper' the printhead.

Take a clean, nonsheeding clean room wiper (4"x4") double it up, wet it with cleaning solution from a cleaning cartrige.

Release the carriage lock and gently slide the head off of the capping station.

Place the wet cleaning cloth over the cap(s), tucking the loose end down and out of the way.

Gently slide the head back over to the capping station and lock it back into place.

Every 15-20 minutes re-wet the wipe with cleaning solution.

After 1 hour do a strong cleaning.
Then a nozzle check...
Repeat as needed to unclog nozzles.

Be careful not to pour liquid all over the capping station, an eyedropper or syringe will work well to rewet the cleaning cloth.

My first thought would be to check the capping station and pump. I have repaired many caps on the VJ. When you run a cleaning, do you see ink flowing into the waste tank. If not than the best way is to open the right end up and pull ink from the 2 hoses that come out of the pump and go to the waste tube. If you pull and you can not move the syringe, than your lines are clogged. If you pull and only get air, you are not getting a good seal. I would wet the cap with cleaning fluid or ink and push up on the cap from underneath. Do this while pulling on the syringe. You will get ink through the line now. Be careful underneath the cap not to knock the tubes off the cap bottom.