• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clogged Ink Lines OR...?

SignJose

Hi guys.
I was almost ready to replace both of my Black Ink Lines, but decided to ask your opinion first. *Please look at my pictures
A. Nozzle check prints -
1 - before cleaning (missing chunks of black color)
2- after light syringe suction,
3 - after printers Group-A cleaning.
B. Solid Black prints OK about 1-2 feet and then Black just quits on me.

I've tried all kind of cleaning tricks & techniques and I believe the ink lines may be clogged - ink still goes through but very poorly
Any suggestions ?
Ink_1.jpg

Ink_3.jpg

SignJose

I thought the capping station has no effect while printing, only when in park/ cleaning mode. Isn't?

artbot

you have to do a damper swap first. put the cyan damper/line on to the black manifold position. and the black on the cyan.

if the black freaks out at the cyan position, then you know the issue is above the head. '

and you don't have to replace the lines. there is an aggressive line flushing procedure that you can do. but first do that damper swap to isolate.

SignJose

RE: "damper swap" - yes i did with same result, so it's definitely above the head.
I also flushed lines with cleaning /pre-fill fluids, drained out large amount of ink to make sure there's no air left in the system and changed ink carts several times.
But, as i said, it starts OK and then after few feet black "freaks out"...

Double Diamond

We had this with the cyan. After a syringe pull it worked for a week, then we were doing it every day. The pull on that line was so hard there had to be a clog in the line. Flushing it did not help, but running a roland cyan cartridge finally disolved this clog and we now run only roland ink. Hope it helps.

Mindaugas

Hello, everyone, I am new to this forum. We have a small sign shop and are using Roland VS-640. I saw this thread, because we have the same problem, but only with magenta. I have changed the damper, did multiple cleanings, tried original Roland ink, but nothing helped. Sometimes it works ok for few days, but it has to print at slower speeds like 600 m/s (head speed). The head was changed a year ago , and we are using Super J-Star inks. Maybe you have any ideas how to solve it, we do not have Roland tech to help us with this problem. Thank you!

artbot

i read that you "changed" dampers. that is different than a damper swap. are you familiar with swapping dampers for diagnostic purposes (crossing lines with the dampers still connected?)

asd

it has to do more with the capping station, if the head its not sitting right it will cause the head to clogged some of the nozzles, if you ever paused your printer in the middle of a print job you will hear the pump pulling ink to the dampers when its sitting on the capping station

Mindaugas

Thanks, artbot, I will have to try the swap. The capping station I believe is good, because when printing and magenta starts to clog I pause the machine and select medium cleaning, after that usually magenta comes back again. It has never clogged while sitting on docking station, just when printing.