• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clogged jets

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone! I have been having issues with clogged jets on my HP FB750.
Too many clogged jets cause banding in my prints.
Are there any tricks or better ways to unclog the jets?
I have done numerous Jet recovery patterns (which has helped a little but not enough). Also done multiple "performance" purges.
I have even drained the heads and filled with headflush and let sit and soak for an entire weekend, then refilled with headflush and then did an "empty heads" to thoroughly drain and clean the jets but still many, many jets out on most heads but black seems to be the worse.

Jack Knight1979

How old is the machine/heads? You've done what you can do with those heads in terms of letting them soak with flush in them. Some folks claim to have luck cleaning heads in ultrasonic cleaners, but I've never had any luck myself.

netsol

approach the ultrasonic cleaner with caution.
this could turn into " where can i get my mainboard repaired?"

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
How old is the machine/heads? You've done what you can do with those heads in terms of letting them soak with flush in them. Some folks claim to have luck cleaning heads in ultrasonic cleaners, but I've never had any luck myself.
the printer is approx than 2 years old. We bought it used. Had 90 hours on it. I have heard and read about the ultrasonic cleaners. This is a huge process mind you because I would have to take all the heads out, separate them from the reservoirs to put them into the ultrasonic machine. Right?

Jack Knight1979

I'm not sure why it would affect the main board, but honestly the recovery of the ultrasonic cleaner probably won't do anything to fix your problem. I've done it as a LAST step procedure to try and get jets working again. I have never had any luck with it. Nor have I heard of anyone having success.

If a head flush/soak didn't recover the jets, most likely you have a scratch on that nozzle from a head strike. The jets are not plugged from ink. An Ultrasonic cleaner won't do anything for a damaged nozzle. If you're savvy enough, you could remove the head and look at the nozzles under magnification. You'll see if the problem is ink, a heastrike.

If I was a betting man I'd say you've had some head stikes that have damaged the head. Nozzles/jets clear from printhead cleaning procedures and head soaks. I suspect a head replacement is the only option to get your printer back up and running.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
not what I wanted to hear but TRUTH is always the best news! LOL
Is there a way to redrill the scratched jet holes?
Is that doable?
How?

Jack Knight1979

You cannot redrill the jets. It's toast most likely. These things are made with equipment and research in the billions of dollars. You're not going to be able to redrill the jets.