• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clogged line from bad ink?

Vanceman2

Hello,

I noticed last week that one of my black ink cartridges was full of pudding-like ink. The ink is for sublimation and I immediately pulled out the cartridge and replaced it with a new one with new ink. I also decided to change the dampers ink case some of the sludge made it through to the head. I am getting overspray now along with a gap in my test print. I have a new head to replace the black head but I want to know if there are any other options to test before replacing the head.

Attachments

• IMG_0645.JPG
    IMG_0645.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0630.JPG
    IMG_0630.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 142

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Normally ink lines don't completely clog so I wouldn't worry about them as much as the head. If I were you I would flush the ink line from the cartridge area to the damper so that you get all of the ink out of the line and filled with cleaning solution. Empty the line of cleaning solution so that you get any debris out of the lines and then run a flush cycle through the head with the clean ink lines and new damper. If that doesn't help, the head is probably unrecoverable.