• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clogged Magenta head - VP 540

zarsonist

Hi guys! Zack here. My Vp540's Yellow & Magenta heads both gave about 10% coverage on test printing after the machine had stood for a day with the heads not on the end caps (Power cut).:Oops: I cleaned and soaked them and the Yellow is 100% but the Magenta about 50%. I have syringed it and ran the cleaning cartridges, but it's still the same. Might it be something else or is there another way of cleaning the head? I would appreciate advice as the machine is not under warranty anymore...
Thanks!

Color Dude

Lay a lint free cloth over the caps and soak it mildly with cleaning solution and manually cap the head. Let it sit for about 30 minutes, and then repeat again for another 30 minutes. Run a powerful cleaning and hopefully it will come back. Make sure the head caps nice and tight so that the solution can work on the head.

zarsonist

Manual capping

Thank you for the reply! I just want to make absolutely sure I understand correctly: Do I put the cloth over all 4 caps, pour cleaning fluid onto the the cloth in each cap and then manually push the head into place over the caps, or can I only cover the Magenta with a piece of cloth and then the rest? (don't want to damage other heads or do any uneccessary procedures on them...)

fareed

I got the same problime for long time, and make eny thing to solve it but it didnt work, finaly I found that cap of the Magenta coler which conected with small tube to the west potel, its close both of them, after cleaning it work in good condition....... hope u may try this way