• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CMYK Bright Orange?

149motorsports

Hi all,
I'm looking for a nice bright orange color cmyk values for my friends kart. Can anyone help me out with this? I prefer something that you have used in the past instead of saying here go look at this chart,ect lol..thanks!

garisimo

Orange can be tricky

Getting a good orange out of cmyk is tough. Pantone came up with a six color system (CMYK+Orange+Green) to address the very issue (the system isn't implemented anywhere, I don't think). The best you might hope for is 0 74 100 0, but it still is pretty muddy. We use a spot color orange when it is needed.

G

dypinc

Hi all,
I'm looking for a nice bright orange color cmyk values for my friends kart. Can anyone help me out with this? I prefer something that you have used in the past instead of saying here go look at this chart,ect lol..thanks!

What printer?

What is the color gamut of that printer and media you want to use?

Why does it have to be a CMYK value? Rather limiting, not?

dypinc

I sent my artwork out to wholesalers. So I dont know what printer. I use flexi sign cloud for my design work.
Thanks

Then I would specify a Pantone C orange and ask them how close they can match it. If they know what there doing to achieve maximum gamut of their printer then they should be able to print a bright orange that is beyond the limits of offset press equivalent CMYK.

gabagoo

A bright orange is very difficult for me to achieve. I did manage to get one but it required using a softer orange with a double hit. The colour was very good,but if any other colour is present, you need to figure out how to make it with a 2 pass.... a pain for sure, unless the job is worth the setup time and slow print time.

dypinc

First off you have got to remove offset press equivalent CMYK profiles out of the process.

When you create profile targets for specific medias how bright does orange print on those targets? That should give you a idea of how bright of an orange you can print. Then make sure your conversion goes from RGB or better yet from LAB of a Pantone library to your output profile. You may need to update the LAB values in the Pantone color by reading them in with your spectro from a Pantone book.