• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CMYK Charts

31legen

This may be a dumb question but what did everyone do or how do you store your charts after you printed them.

niksagkram

Probably depends how big. For me, I printed colour swatches from each of our rolands, on our more popular media, and made them letter size, keep them in marked binders for reference. Also printed CMYK, Pantone and Roland colour chart posters and keep them on the wall near the printers.

Mark

Suz

This may be a dumb question but what did everyone do or how do you store your charts after you printed them.

Not a dumb question at all. I have chart on the wall that is printed on poster paper. Then I have a couple other materials I have printed the charts on, such as sticker and banner materials, cut those up and made a notebook that can be easily stored. This is very handy when I have a Customer wanting me to match a color, or get close to a special color they want printed.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hanging on the wall with tacks.
We have a printout of a full chart on matte, gloss, banner, window perf, reflective, textured floor lam, etc for customers to see how their particular Pantone color will output on our printers without any color modifications.
If they aren't happy with our printer's standard results (never had that happen that I recall) we can manually tweak it to match better.

31legen

Thank you

Not a dumb question at all. I have chart on the wall that is printed on poster paper. Then I have a couple other materials I have printed the charts on, such as sticker and banner materials, cut those up and made a notebook that can be easily stored. This is very handy when I have a Customer wanting me to match a color, or get close to a special color they want printed.

Thank you. The note book idea is what Im thinking as well.

danno

We roll our charts on a tube. For specific colours, we have a file cabinet divided by printer in which we store 4" or 5" test blocks. All are dated on noted with specific colour combination and laminate.

JBusch260

Ours are about 4'x4'. We mounted our various materials to discarded corr-x. For banners and flimsy materials, we grommeted the corners and hung them on hooks for access.