• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CMYK color from Ai to Ps changing

S

scarface

I'm designing up a business card and for some reason i can choose for example a CMYK cyan in illustrator and it looks vibrant but when i open the file in photoshop it becomes a baby blue and dull looking even though both illustrator and photoshop are in CMYK color mode.

Is there a certian profile i need for both or any settings to tweak? I'm using CS3 also on a PC.

Thanks!

It likely has to do with different settings in the Color Settings dialog in each of the programs (Edit Menu > Color Settings). These would include CMYK Working Space definitions, Rendering Intent Settings and/ or Color Engines.

It is also possible that Photoshop is enabling Soft Proofing, which will cause the screen to change the display of colors in an effort to mimic an output device. This is toggled on or off under View Menu (Proof Colors).

Bob

riddle80

Another thing that can do this is if you have different versions of Photoshop/Illustrator. I used to have this problem all the time before I upgraded. Looks like you're using CS3 on both though.
I'd suggest the same as above. Just check your color settings and make sure you're working under the same profile. The proof setup will change the look a lot too, so make sure you're under "working cmyk" :).