• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cmyk, Rgb, Spot?

Junkie

For years we have been printing from Flexi using Spot Colors from the Pantone Chart and Canned profiles. In the production manager we set it to Adobe 1998 RGB, Realtive Colormetric. We just purchased an eyeone b/c its time for some real color profiles. My question is, what color format do you choose when you print from flexi? Recently I have been sending cmyk colors, coated (Swop), no color correction. What colors are you guys sending and what settings are you using? Oh yea, we print on a JV3 and a HP 45500. Thanks in advance.

graphics guru

we draw in rgb mode, and i actually convert the spot color when you import from the pantone chart, to RGB in the properties section of color mode cause it seems to give a more richer and true color. we dont actually print from ours, i send it to my buddies shop.
i know there rip software automatically converts things to CMYK when they send to print.
i would say invest to in the online help from givemehelp.com it has a lot of infor for flexi.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
For years we have been printing from Flexi using Spot Colors from the Pantone Chart and Canned profiles. In the production manager we set it to Adobe 1998 RGB, Realtive Colormetric. We just purchased an eyeone b/c its time for some real color profiles. My question is, what color format do you choose when you print from flexi? Recently I have been sending cmyk colors, coated (Swop), no color correction. What colors are you guys sending and what settings are you using? Oh yea, we print on a JV3 and a HP 45500. Thanks in advance.

In this shop, in Flexi, all work is done in RGB except for gradient fills, these are always set to CMYK. The rendering intents are all set to 'Spot' except for bitmaps which are set to 'Perceptual'.

I print a complete Pantone chart on whatever media I might be using, which aren't all that many. Actually I print two, one straight out of Flexi and one from a PDF. PDF's have their own color shift issues. With these charts I can tell exactly how any particular color will print and design accordingly.